If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Pride Program Coordinator
Community Awareness Network for a Drug-free Life and Environment (CANDLE) is seeking a motivated, dedicated and organized candidate for the position of Youth Pride Coordinator. Youth Pride is a multi-tiered health and prevention program serving LGBTQ youth in Rockland County and the surrounding area. The initiative provides both supportive and educational programming to LGBTQ youth, parents, youth-serving professionals, and school staff through groups, retreats, conferences, workshops and other services. This full-time position requires some evening and occasional weekend work.
The position requires: a Bachelor's Degree in Education, Social Work, Counseling or a related field (Master's Degree preferred); a minimum of three years’ experience in education, health and/or human service settings; experience working with youth and diverse populations; in-depth knowledge of the LGBTQ community.
Supervised by: Program Director
Job Classification: Salaried/Exempt
Coordinate county-wide services for LGBTQ youth and their allies in collaboration with other Hudson Valley programs:
· Expand training opportunities in schools, community-based youth serving organizations, civic and religious organizations, and to professional and youth groups
· Facilitate and publicize support groups for LGBT youth, young adults and their allies
· Train youth-serving professionals about issues affecting LGBTQ youth
· Provide staff support to school-based gender and sexuality groups
· Ensure the integration of issues of concern to LGBT youth and their adult supports into all of CANDLE’s programs
· Coordinate the Common Threads Youth Empowerment Project
· Identify opportunities throughout Rockland County to increase awareness of the special needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth and those who are questioning their sexual orientation and/or gender identity
· Supervise the Assistant Youth Pride Coordinator
· Manage and train college-age volunteers who plan and organize various events for LGBT youth in Rockland County
· Willingness to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as required.
· Master’s degree in education, health, social service or related field. Will consider Master’s level Intern or 3 years’ experience in lieu of Master’s degree.
· Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to work with adults and youth
· An appreciation of the opportunity to provide leadership to a diverse community
· Knowledge of the LGBT community and its issues and health risks
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· The ability to manage multiple projects in the same time period
· A valid driver’s license, transportation and insurance (the position requires travel throughout Rockland County and the lower Hudson Valley).
· Communication/Presentation Skills - Public speaking (school and community presentations, PTA meetings), ability to network with school personnel, parents, and community.
· Computer/Social Media Skills - Proficiency with MS Word, and Windows, and familiarity with MS Excel. Basic skills for using social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr. Familiarity with MS Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design software is a plus.
· Group Facilitation Skills – Knowledge of and experience with groups and group process
· Organizational skills - Prioritize projects, track statistics and keep-records for programs, allocate time between projects/programs
· Writing skills - Curriculum writing and program development, correspondence, public relations blurbs
· Supervisory Skills – Create team work plans, organize internal trainings, perform quality assurance measures, and monitor employee progress
Salary is competitive in the local non-profit community and commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter, stating salary requirements, to Joanne Goodman, Executive Director, via e-mail to email@example.com. Email submissions only.
DISCLAIMER: CANDLE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CANDLE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.